As a convenience to members of our community, City Court of Slidell now allows the option of paying your traffic ticket online. This is a fast, secure and convenient way to pay your ticket online. However, keep in mind that:
There is a NON-REFUNDABLE processing fee to use the online ticket payment service.
- The City Court of Slidell cannot accept any payment until the issuing agency has submitted the ticket for processing, which typically takes at least 15 working days.
- Not every traffic ticket is eligible to be paid online. Some will require an appearance in Court.
- JUVENILE TRAFFIC TICKETS (under age 17) require an appearance in Court and CANNOT be paid online.
Tickets that CANNOT be paid online are violations that require a Court appearance and some tickets where the Court appearance date has already passed.
Examples of tickets that CAN be paid online: some minor speeding offenses, running a red light, failure to signal, failure to yield, etc.
Please CLICK HERE to see which tickets can be paid online and which require a Court appearance as well as the typical fines assessed for each type of ticket.
When using the online ticket service, you must pay your ticket prior to your scheduled Court appearance date to avoid a Failure to Appear / Contempt of Court attachment (please see below).
Failure to Appear / Contempt of Court
- The processing fee is 5% and is non-refundable; this fee will be assessed automatically as you use the online ticket payment service.
- To Review the Online Ticket Payment Refund Policy, SEE BELOW.
- If you do not wish to pay this processing fee, you may pay your ticket in person at the Courthouse during normal hours or mail your payment in. For more information, CLICK HERE. NOTE that payment must be received on or prior to the scheduled Court appearance date or it will result in a Failure to Appear / Contempt of Court attachment (please see below).
- When you miss your Court date or fail to pay any ticket timely, we issue an "attachment", which is an arrest warrant for Failure to Appear (FTA) / Contempt of Court. We also notify the DMV; they suspend your driver's license.
- You may be able to pay your citation online even if your Court date has already passed. If you qualify, you will have to pay an additional fee to the Court and then a fee to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to have your driver's license reinstated.
- You may pay your ticket online providing it was not "Court Mandatory." In this case, you must pay both your citation fee and FTA fee. If this is your first FTA offense, your fee is $250. If it is your second FTA offense, your fee is $500.
- If it is your third FTA offense, you must appear in Court. Please contact us regarding the date of your citation hearing.
- By submitting your payment online for your citation plus the FTA fee, you are pleading guilty to your original charge plus any FTA / Contempt of Court charge and waiving your rights to a hearing.
- PAYMENTS SUBMITTED WITHOUT ADDITIONAL FTA FEE WILL BE DECLINED BY THE COURT.
- Once you have paid the required amount to the Court, you must bring proof of payment to the DMV and pay any additional fees necessary for reinstatement to the DMV.
To pay your ticket online you will need the following:
- Parking or Traffic Citation Number
- Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express & Discover)
- Printer to print your confirmation (transaction ID) page for your records and/or e-mail address for additional confirmation (transaction ID)
Online Ticket Payment Refund Policy:
Any payment made by a user via the nCourt web services site is NON-REFUNDABLE, in whole or in part, once the payment has been submitted, confirmed and accepted by the Court. If the submission is rejected by the Court, for any reason, refunds will be processed via credit card, ACH or paper check and normally take 7-10 days to be processed. Any processing fees associated with the transaction are NON-REFUNDABLE.
You must allow at least 15 days from date of ticket before paying to allow for agency processing.
DISCLAIMER: The City Court of Slidell will not be responsible for any additional fees or penalties resulting from user error, incorrect or untimely payments. It is the responsibility of the offender to pay the correct amount, for the correct charge, by their court date whether online or in person.
If you are unable to complete your online transaction, please call City Court of Slidell at 985-643-1274 during Courthouse Hours for help.